- Samson: How to Ruin Your Life
- No comments
Devotion provided by LifeChurch.TV
What’s one of the most impulsive things you’ve ever done or bought? What was the result of your actions? Samson was incredibly strong, but had a dangerously weak will. Where in life do you feel you are strongest? What are some of the dangers you’ve experienced or seen because of having a weak will?
Read Judges 14:1-10.
In this passage we see Samson demonstrating attitudes that make strong men weak.
• Where in life do you feel your will is the weakest?
• How has your weak will affected you and those you love?
• What do you think are some of the causes of your weak will?
• In what ways has God’s strength helped you overcome obstacles?
• What does accountability look like in your life? How could increased accountability help you?
• What next steps will take this week towards changing your attitude and relying more on God’s strength?
If you are lacking accountability in your life, then strive to find an accountability partner this week. Find someone of the same sex that you trust. Allow your partner to develop you into a stronger person by holding you accountable as you battle against your weak will and any sins you may be struggling with. If you already have an accountability partner, then confess to them where your will is weakest.
Let’s work on these 5 things together this week.
• Thank God for His strength in your life. Share with Him how His strength has affected you.
• Confess to God where your will is weakest in your life. Ask God to help strengthen you.
• Ask God to help you change your attitude so that you can turn your weaknesses into strengths.
• Ask God to place the right people in your life that will hold you accountable and develop you into a stronger person.
• Pray for those you know that are struggling with a weak will. Ask God to strengthen them.