- What Causes You to Believe?
- No comments
“Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.” – John 20:30-31 (NIV)
A very dangerous lie is gaining more and more acceptance, today. That lie is that there are multiple paths to God. Even some Christians have bought into this lie.
The Bible teaches that there is one way to God. That way is through faith in Jesus Christ. Not only does Jesus claim to be the way, the gospels present overwhelming evidence that His claim is true.
You might say, “Well, other religions, followed by millions of people, believe otherwise. How can you know that Jesus Christ’s claim is true?”
What causes me to believe? More specifically, what causes me to believe that Jesus is the way to God? Here are a few of the evidences that are convincing to me.
- There are over 300 Old Testament prophesies, directly related to the Messiah, that are fulfilled in Jesus Christ.
- The miracles performed by Jesus were confirmed by witnesses; some of whom were Jesus’ enemies.
- Other religions point out that I am a sinner. The Bible also points out my sin, and its seriousness. However, the Bible is unique in that if also offers a solution to my sin.
- Other religions teach that it is up to me to fix my sin problem through trying to be good enough. That, though, is impossible. So, God sent Jesus to die for my sins. Because of that, I can know forgiveness.
- I have assurance of my salvation because it is anchored in what Jesus has already done; not on whether or not I do enough good works. I can know now that I am going to heaven.
- Jesus is a living Savior. Mohammed, Buddha, Ghandi, etc., all died and remain dead. Jesus died, but He rose from the dead. So, I trust in a living Savior; not a dead one.
Believe the evidence and you can experience this living hope as well.