- Samson: How to Ruin Your Life
- No comments
Devotion provided by LifeChurch
Read Judges 16:1-31.
In this passage we see Samson’s small steps lead him toward his big destruction with Delilah.
• What’s one of the biggest mistakes you’ve ever made? What started you on your path towards making that mistake?
• What are some of the most common struggles you’ve seen that tend to lead people towards destruction?
• What is the one thing you struggle with the most that could drive you down a dangerous path?
• How have you rationalized your own sin throughout your life in the same way Samson did?
• What prices have you paid as a result of your sin? What have you learned from your actions?
• Why do you think so many people continue to make the same mistakes when they are well aware of the consequences?
• Where are you stepping away from God right now?
• As you turn back to God, what are some of the first steps you’ll need to take to leave your sin behind? Who will help you take those steps?
Here are some specific things you can do this week that will help you stop taking steps toward destruction and instead turn back to God. If you have stepped away from God, then turn around this week and begin the process of walking back to Him. There are several ways you can begin this process such as confessing your sin to God and to your accountability partner. You can also talk to a pastor or a leader in your church that you trust. Also, seek God’s help by praying and looking for guidance in His Word. No matter your first steps, commit to doing something about your sin. Dive deeper into God’s Word this week by reading the Bible daily. Remember that sin is dangerous and repentance is important.