- Samson: How to Ruin Your Life
- No comments
Devotion provided by LifeChurch
“What’s your one pet peeve that angers you the most? Why does it anger you so much?
Samson’s vengeance on the Philistines in these passages is the result of his unchecked anger and pride.
• Describe a time when you let your emotions get the best of you. What resulted from your emotional outburst?
• Samson was emotion-driven and not Spirit-led. Why do you think so many people allow themselves to be driven by their emotions instead of being driven by God?
• What unchecked anger in your life do you need to own up to immediately?
• How has your unchecked anger affected you and those you love?
• What does pride look like in your life? Where do you seem to struggle the most with pride?
Galatians 5:16-17 “But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. “
Paul encourages us to live by the Spirit in these verses.
• What kind of person do you think God wants you to be? How is your pride and anger keeping you from becoming that person?
• How can you keep your pride and anger in check while at the same time not losing the passion and heart that God has given you?”
Here are some specific things you can do this week that will help you become more Spirit-led.
To become a more Spirit-led person, start spending more time with God. The more time you spend away from God, the more likely it is you will be driven by your emotions. A great way to start is to spend more time in prayer and in reading His Word. If you don’t have a quiet time with God daily, then start this week with only a few minutes each day. Share with your accountability partner your desire to spend more time with God so your partner can hold you accountable and help guide you.
Samson let his anger and pride go unchecked, let’s work toward being people that are led by the Spirit.