- Dream Church
- No comments
Study the gospel so that you can be prepared to share the reason for the hope you have in Jesus! Also click this link for another approach to sharing the gospel called “The Three Circles.”
There are 4 things you need to understand and believe in order to become a follower of Jesus and know that you have a right relationship between you and your Maker, God the Father.
1. Recognize you’re a sinner (For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. – Romans 3:23)
- We have all lied, stolen, hated, and had wicked thoughts. Because of our sin a holy and perfect God can’t fellowship with us. He can’t allow us into His presence in Heaven.
2. Realize the penalty for sin (For the wages of sin is death… – Romans 6:23)
- You have a choice you can pay the penalty for your sin if you choose to.
3. Know that Christ paid that Penalty (But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. – Romans 5:8)
- Jesus paid that price already, He did it for you. 2,000 years ago God in the flesh was born into this world and He lived a perfect and sinless life. He preached, did miracles, and told people that He would die and raise from the dead and then He did! An innocent person died for all of us guilty people.
4. You must lay down your faith in your good works, turn from your sin, and put complete trust in only what Jesus did on the cross to restore your relationship with God and cover your sin! (For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. – Romans 10:13)